Tabs

Thursday, August 25, 2016

#57 - Rainbow

Hello,

Back with a new card to share. This time thought of trying my hand at mixed media and art journaling. Everytime I watch a mixed media video I get so excited and just want to go ahead and create something. But it's always the first time nerves getting to me.That feeling of 'Will it look good' sometimes gets to me.
Well, this time I just went ahead and made my hands dirty in the watercolors, the gesso, soft gel mediums and the perfect pearls. And, I don't mind saying its a job well done :-)
Here's the card


Started off with some watercolors on a watercolor paper. I used all the 7 colors of the rainbow. Once the colors dried up, I used the MFT fishnet stencil and applied some texture paste and soft gel medium and let it dry. Once the pastes were dry, I did some watercoloring again till I was happy . I then stamped the house image and the sentiment on a sheet of paper from a old book. The stam and sentiment is from the Stampendous Family Time stamp set. My latest buy and I love it. Fussy cut the image and sentiment and outlined it with a black Sharpie. I felt something was missing, just thought if a little shine would do and so mixed some perfect pearls in water and flicked it on the card before gluing the image and sentiment. Punched little hearts and colored them and stuck here and there on the card. Also, outlined the image and sentiment with a little gesso and the stenciled fistnets with some black and glitter markers.

I hope its a good attempt and all you crafty people out there like it.

Entering this card for 






Thank You!!


4 comments:

  1. Very nice mixed media Gouri!! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove the background and the colors!!! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC with you beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love how this turned out! Thanks so much for playing along at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the detailing you did on the edge of the embossing paste! This card is truly special! Thanks for playing along at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete