Tabs

Friday, August 26, 2016

#58 - Madhubani

Hello,

A new card, a new idea. The current 'Exotic' theme at the 'Less is More' challenge got me thinking. No stamps that would fit the theme were in my stash. An idea crossed my mind, think 'home'. Although I am settled in Perth, Australia I actually come from India. So, just thought what is exotic about India - its diverse culture, food, variety of art forms. I could do something with that. Thats when I thought of Madhubani art.

Madhubani art is practised in Nepal and Bihar(state in India).Painting is done with fingers, twigs, brushes using natural dyes and pigments and is characterized by eye-catching geometrical patterns. I tried a showcase it a little in my card here


Everything on this card is hand drawn and colored. I used the stamp only for the sentiment.

Entering this card for the 
I hope my card is exotic enough to qualify.



Thank You!!


10 comments:

  1. Stunning card, and the most beautiful hand drawing and colouring! What a fabulous entry to out exotic challenge this week at Less is More - thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely madhubani..I am a big fan of madhiubani..nice to visit your blog..lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning - beautiful drawn and a fabulous colour combo. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card for our challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational card! Your drawing talent is impressive! I like how you shared your creative process. It makes your card that much more interesting! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wendy... Your words re very motivating...

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely card for our challenge. I love how the flowers are standing out and the colours are so pretty! Thanks for being with us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Granny duties over the past few weeks have taken their toll on my commenting time... many apologies for the late visit!
    This is a terrific card, great design and super colours!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete